Thursday, May 2, 2013

Shopping tetris

So I don't know how the rest of your girls shop, but for me, when I see a piece I like, my mind goes on  a mental inventory through my closet. What shoes can I wear with it, jewelry can I wear with it, how many shirts/shorts/jeans/dresses will this go with?

Here is what I bought:
(Everything is from Esprit and cost me less than 30 Euros!) 
(Ignore the green carpet, our landlord installed it RIGHT before we moved in. I hate it). 



This is my first jumpsuit purchase, so I chose a two-tone one so I don't potentially look like a monochromatic lump. 


Every body needs a great jean (chambray) shirt!


Here are the first (of many) outfits I thought of: 

Simple, laid back, easy. Enough said.

This is the outfit I am most excited to wear! I haven't figured out shoes, but that'll come. Don't be afraid to mix colors. Pink, purple, green, and black are not typical but these all have the same feel, a rich color tone that's not too over powering. (I would probably not mix these as neons). The stripe theme of the shirt also carries through to the bottom of the skirt (I wouldn't mix full stripes and full stripes)



Now, with that said about mixing a lot of color, these leggings have a LOT going on, so I would keep it simple. White top, and tie in a hint of coral in the necklace. 



For this playsuit, I am going to cuff the legs (the ankles are tighter than they look) and wedges with a cuff pant leg are my favorite! These Steve Madden wedges tie in the top color. 




Probably more often then not, I will wear this shirt unbuttoned half way with a tank under it, but this fully buttoned, statement necklace overlay outfit was the first thing that popped into my mind. If jean on bottom and cotton on top works wonders for everyone everyday, why not just flip it? Jean on top, cotton on bottom. Magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment