Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Playing it down

This post is all about playing down a fancy (or too sexy for everyday) piece. Knowing how to play down will also give you more options and combinations from what you already have.

The top I am wearing here is actually a short leather/combo dress! When worn by itself, it is definitely a "going out" night-time dress. Here I layered a cotton skirt over it and threw a chambray top to round it out. The stripes and jean look really play down the leather without it loosing the edgy leather feel that I love.






Makeup is one of the keys to playing down an outfit. With this dress by itself, I would normally do a really dramatic eye, probably smokey and also wear a great lip color. Here, to keep it simple, I only have a thin line of black eyeliner, mascara, and a light pink lip gloss. In my opinion eye makeup sets the tone of your outfit. If you want a chill look, chill out with the eye makeup. 















Shoes: Nine West 
Chambray Top: Esprit
Skirt: H&M
Leather Dress: TJ Maxx

No comments:

Post a Comment