Friday, May 10, 2013

New H's: Heels and hair

My Zara heels came in the mail today! Yay! I love Zara's shoes! And I love these shorts from Premonition Design Australia. I bought them in Sydney and have been waiting to wear them on a warm day since we came back to Germany. So I figured to pair them together with an easy ruffle black top from Banana Republic.






I Love the detailing on these shorts! The under layer of light blue has tan horizontal stitching all over it, giving it a subtle texture contrast to the white overlay.




Today's nail color is by Sally Hansen. I love this color because it's a fuchsia red depending what light you are in. And it shows off my wedding ring nicely too! 


Besides the new heels, today I did something new for my hair: an olive oil treatment. Ridiculously simple, and instantly effective.

Here's what I did: 
I tool 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil and barely heated it on the stove - just enough to make it a little more fluid. Then, holding my hair in a pony tail to one side, I completely saturated the ends (that's where my hair needed the most love, they were splitting and looking fried). With the left over olive oil, over a sink, I just poured it onto my hair and massaged it through my roots and down to the ends. (A nice perk is the olive oil makes your hands super soft too, double bonus!)
I twisted my hair and clipped it up for 45 minutes so let it completely soak through. I then washed my hair as normal.  

Instantly my split and dry ends were dramatically reduced. My hair was sleeker, and less frizzy. It also straightened much easier than normal. 

This is definitely something I am going to incorporate into my hair care routine regularly! And a bottle of good quality olive oil is cheaper, and probably better for you than many of the chemical hair masks on the market today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment