Sunday, April 28, 2013

Twisted Waves

So I know yesterday I said that I would put up a twisted top-knot tutorial, but change of plans due to a 3:30 am wake-up call for the Bremen Flomarkt (the flea-market).

So here is a fabulous, wet-hair-in-the-morning-out-of-time quick style, that looks great, and even better the second day!

Start by twisting each side of your hair back. If possible, avoid putting in an elastic to make a pony tail, it will leave a kink. Take the two twisted strands and join them, then continue to twist to make a bun. As usual, I use a bit of hairspray, or a mousse, whatever product works best for your hair! 




My bun is usually off to one side, because it is easier for me to twist one side longer than the other. 


Wear your hair all day, let it dry (or if you want you can dry it with a hair dryer to get this right away. 


Then when you take your hair out at the end of the day, you have great waves for going out for dinner and drinks with the man! 


Fringe Necklace: H&M
Ombre Jeans: Fishbone 
Cardigan: August Silk





Then, the next morning when you wake up to go gardening, you can have looser waves for that laid back chill look. If you want the same strong look you had the day before, spray your hair with a stiff hairspray, twist back into the original style, and blow dry for 2 minutes or so. You will have the same looks without the 'bed head' feeling.


Sometimes no shoes, are the best shoes. Don't forget the fashion in nature.


If you need any other pictures of how I twist it (or do it by myself without asking my husband to hold the twist) leave me a comment and I will recreate it with more pictures. 




No comments:

Post a Comment