Saturday, April 27, 2013

Braided Top Knot

So here is my first hair tutorial! Top knots are so fun right now (they are like that purple piece in tetris that you can change in four different directions).

They are really easy too! This one works great if you have thick hair, and if it is day-old and a bit crazy (like mine today)!

I first make a high pony tail. Bending over makes it easier to get it high, and include all the little hairs in the back. 


Then, braid the pony tail, and secure with a small elastic. It's that easy. 



Once your braid is finished, start wrapping it around. 


When you are done wrapping, push in a few bobby  pins to secure the end. I buy ones similar to my hair color so they are less obvious. Also, with the small elastic at the end, just tuck it under the last loop of your braid. I don't wrap it too tight so I can play with it a bit (tuck in edges, make it bigger, etc)

Finishing by spraying down any little fly-aways. I love this Nivea Hairspray - Even though it says Level 4 it doesn't leave your hair crunchy. I use it for every hair style. Plus, the Diamond Gloss version has a nice bit of shine to it, but not greasy. Perfect. 





 

Please comment with any questions or ideas! 


Today's outfit includes: 
Jeans: H&M
Pullover: Primark
Earrings: Beach shop in Manly Australia
Shoes: Converse 





 I love using color eyeliner, so so fun! Inner eye is lines with green, while the outer eye is lined with a dark eggplant purple. Dark purple is the best alternative to black. It is still dramatic without being harsh.



Come back tomorrow for a new twisted top knot and a new way to wear the sweater! 




No comments:

Post a Comment